Thursday 26 August 2010

Marathon Runner vs Athletic Sprinter.


This photo gave me a great laugh. Nothing to do with the picture might I add . . .
I said to my mum, "I'm doing a blog related to marathon runners vs sprinters, here have a look at this picture", to which she replied, "WHICH ONE'S THE SPRINTER!?!"
An average body fat % of a marathon runner can be anywhere from 12-16% which is still quite low but in comparison to a sprinter they have roughly 6-9%.

Personally, I like to incorporate the sprinters training into workouts with my clients. Time efficent, very effective and if you like burning calories then look no further!

I'll let you decide for yourself :)

4 comments:

  1. I hear ya mate. Not quite liking the look of the marathon runner. pmsl :)
    Would much rather have the sprinter body for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea mate, stick to the hight intensity interval training. Great time saver, and not as sore on the joints after running for mile after mile on concrete! ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why dont put some good looking marathon runners picture there mate???

    ReplyDelete
  4. the drugs probably helped mr chambers as well...

    ReplyDelete