Monday 18 October 2010

Oils


So as I'm sure many of you are aware that our bodies need Essential Fatty Acids (EFA'S) or maybe not?

EFA'S are called ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS because they are necessary for life!

Our bodys cannot make EFA's for itself unfortunatley, nor can it store them so it is mega important that we get them in our daily diet! (and people when I say diet - I don't mean we are starving ourselves, I just mean our general food intake!)

There are four basic types of fat that the body takes from food: cholesterol, saturated fat, monounsaturated fat and polyunsaturated essential fatty acids. The polyunsaturated essential fatty acids are the one's the body uses to build itself.

Omega 3, Omega 6 & Omega 9

In addition to providing energy, Essential Fatty Acids are part of the structure of every cell in our bodies. We need them to achieve & maintain a healthy heart; but they are also essential for a healthy brain, for healthy function of other organs, eyes, skin, joints, hair & immune system.

For anyone that actually gives a toss about what they feed themselves and whats in our grub then I'm going to tell you that this is the "Rolls Royce" of oil blends. Aside from the post workout protein shake, the only supplement I take is this baby here Udo's Choice. A friend told me about it and I now drink it like my dad necking a pint of Tennants. You soon get used to the taste. Couple of mouth fulls a day and your good to go! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment